Nong Poonsukwattana - Nong’s Khao Man Gai
Quality, quality, quality. That is what Nong is all about. She is a passionate and a determined woman. She serves one dish, chicken and rice (khao man gai). Her dish may be simple, but she does not scrimp on using the best ingredients nor does she take any shortcuts to make her dish. Nong stays true to her Thai roots and keeps her dish authentic. It’s pretty bold to open a food cart with only one dish, so you know it has to be pretty darn good.
Nong’s story is the American Dream. She is from Thailand where her family was poor. Her mom taught her how to cook from a very young age and she worked in her mom’s restaurant. So when she came over to America, she worked very hard and saved up her money to open her own food cart. And now look at where she is! She runs a successful and delicious food cart!
Her simple menu.
Look at all those magazine write-ups she’s been in!
There was already a ton of people waiting for their food before the lunch rush even began.
Nong’s to-go packaging. Fresh poached chicken with a soy, ginger, garlic, and chile sauce.
Each meal comes with a side of soup also! All this for $6. Not a bad deal at all.
Mon- Fri: 10am-3pm
11 Notes/ Hide
- amagicalpippin likes this
- yyongg reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- themermaidfederation reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts and added:
- dijon9955 reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts and added:
- uncharted-territories likes this
- runswithpoodles likes this
- prepped reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- behindthefoodcarts posted this