Melts My Heart | San Jose Food Truck
Romeo and Juliet. Cleopatra and Marc Anthony. Bonnie and Clyde. Is any love story more perfect than of that between buttery, toasted bread and melted cheese? Brian Aflague of Melts My Heart in San Francisco certainly doesn’t think so and neither do the people lining up for the latest grilled cheese creation or tried-and-true favorites. With such playfully named sandwiches as HAMsome Gentleman and Love Birds, you can tell Brian and his team get it. That whatever magic happens when bread, butter, and cheese hit a hot grill, it’s enough to inspire devotion.
Brian’s own love of grilled cheese started in his grandfather’s kitchen. A visit to a popular grilled cheese truck in Southern California, and a little market research, convinced him his was a universal love. “It’s such an easy concept: bread, butter, and cheese,” Brian explains. “But what’s great about it is it has so much stretch, so much range and versatility. There’s so much you can do with it.”
Melts My Heart has a menu to back that up. They started out with six different takes on the classic grilled cheese and have since added a new sandwich every month. They currently boast a list of twelve with more on the horizon. For seafood lovers there are crab, and even salmon, melts. There are the crowd-pleasers like the Pizza My Melt (marinara sauce, premium pepperoni, provolone or pepper jack cheese and garlic spread on sourdough) and the Love Bird (a can’t-miss combination of turkey, bacon, avocado, tomato, and swiss on Texas Toast), but if you really want something original try the I Love Bacon. With bacon, shiitake mushrooms, swiss cheese, three kinds of sauteed onion, garlic, and jalapenos, it features crunch, heat, and lots of flavor.
When asked for two words that could best describe his food truck, Brian replied, “Fun and yummy.” We think he nailed it.
Head over to Melts My Heart to check out where Brian and his amazing crew will be grilling next!
Written by Terri Phillips
Right: “Love Birds” - Turkey, Bacon, Avocado.
"Lunch Date" - Pastrami, Sauerkraut, on Rye Bread.
Right: “Pizza My Melt” - Pepperoni, Provolone, on Garlic Bread.
L to R: Mary Simkin, Wes Isip, Brian Aflague, Jesus Chaidez, Bobby Ogaz
26 Notes/ Hide
- jodihodi likes this
- thefoodtruckinworld reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- shearenea likes this
- lemoncellos likes this
- thoughts-wishes-dreams likes this
- tictoctacos reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- maisieface reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts and added:
- discretflowers reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- kristin-rulison-7 likes this
- giantburnthamburger likes this
- heirloomrelics likes this
- mahoniger likes this
- girlwiththebun reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- girlwiththebun likes this
- nastynastyme likes this
- kelliewest9 likes this
- lucchino likes this
- backofthehouse likes this
- angel-bubblegum likes this
- helen-the-melon likes this
- messyjess1981 likes this
- lmoore2017 likes this
- acupoftia likes this
- ifeenfood reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- chrishawley12 likes this
- digitalfoodjunkie likes this
- bennybaotran likes this
- carpet-dime reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- pdonuts likes this
- pdonuts reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- domesticnoise likes this
- theshadiertwin likes this
- alltimebestfriend likes this
- sneak-a-peek likes this
- thephotoexplosion likes this
- hassieholmes likes this
- zuzubeast reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- chargerstatic0621 reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts and added:
- alantyson reblogged this from behindthefoodcarts
- behindthefoodcarts posted this